Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What Started It All

Introduction. 

This is a blog dedicated to the Bible. What is the Bible? It is a letter to us from God. It is how He revels Himself to us. I believe that the Bible or scripture is the inspired word of God as 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.." (NKJV)

As you read this blog I will show you tools and other methods of understanding the Bible that I found useful in my own journey to better understand scripture. I am not here to tell you what to believe, I am here to show you things that helped me.

When I was younger I hated reading, I did not see the point of it. Later a friend of mine introduced me to the Bible. This was the first book that I really wanted to read. I think it is because we love a good story and the Bible is a really good story. As I read it more and more it changed me from the inside out. Now I want to share what I have learned over the years with you.

My hope is that the things I post in this blog will better enrich your studies as you read your Bible to gain a better understanding of God and how you fit into the greatest story ever told.


No comments:

Post a Comment